Thursday, September 18, 2008

welcome fall

today i brought out my northface windwall (lifesaving wind-blocking fleece) to be my company at work. sometimes walking down the block towards my office, the wind just hits you like an ocean wave almost knocking you over so you have to lean foward and steady yourself to regain balance. it's not bone-numbing cold yet; just chilly. and i brought out the long pants and stockings, though i've heard that summer can make random appearances until october. my favorite georgia tech sweatshirt and flannel pajama pants have escaped from under tank tops and shorts in the depths of my dresser drawers to start warming me at night.

fall doesn't arrive in atlanta until october or november. so it's too soon! summer was too short! but they tell me just wait for the first snow dusting everything is beautiful clean confectioners-sugar white. and new clothes and fall colors. window shopping and hot cocoa. christmas decorations and curling up with a good book. oh, and soup. it was on the menu for lunch today. a delicious curried cauliflower soup. mmmm.

then welcome fall. your stay in atlanta is usually so brief. maybe we can become friends this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment