Wednesday, January 20, 2010

chicago | throwback

i recently came into a new laptop that comes with software to edit RAW photos. i went back through some old discs and saw the images from my photography class. we shot in RAW and edited in lightroom at the school's lab, but i didn't make any jpeg copies. so i haven't seen these images since april/may 2008.

it made me a little nostalgic, looking through all the photos. there were some really bad ones. overexposed, underexposed, horrible focus. but what i remembered was all the fun i had, wandering around the streets and parks and neighborhoods of chicago, looking at regular old stuff from a new angle and through a different lens. i appreciated the details and the landscapes. i discovered that capturing motion can add something totally new to photography (well, my photography, since i didn't attempt anything like that before). i looove macro and experimenting with depth of field.

so here's a throwback to my photography class and spring in chicago...

DSC_0007
DSC_0005DSC_0274DSC_0102
DSC_0083
DSC_0035 DSC_0042
DSC_0118
DSC_0032
DSC_0244 DSC_0269
DSC_0294
DSC_0015

on flickr

2 comments:

  1. Love these shots. I've been wanting to have a day like this......just wandering around, seeing what's before me, and creating art. It's on my "to do list" for when the rain stops. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete